I was eagerly waiting for electro pop baby lips by Maybelline ever since I saw them on YouTube. There was another version called-“Anti-oxidant” which comes in old packaging but un tinted. If you ask me I always prefer tinted lip balms when I am out. Anyways when I saw new Maybelline electro pop lip balms at the Maybelline counter I jumped straight into it and picked one for myself. I wanted to pick “pink shock” as it’s the most pigmented out of all but since I heard the scent is intolerable I couldn’t take chances so I picked “Berry Bomb” instead.
What Company Claims:
With a unique blend of ingredients, including vitamin E and a high concentration of shea butter, Electro Pop gives you all the moisturising benefits of Baby Lips with the added pop of electric color!
Why You’ll Love It
- 8 hours of moisture and hydration – Enriched with shea butter and vitamin E nourishes lips leaving them supple and smooth
- Electric colour pigments – For a sheer tint of colour and shine
For Best Results
Apply in the center of your upper lip to the outer edges, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip. Can be worn under lip color.
Price: 165 INR for 3.5g.
Let’s talk about the packaging first- It comes with same size and shape but the packaging is quite interesting- Black body with neon colour imprint on it featuring” baby lips”. It also comes with a transparent lid as you can see, the product is easily see through. Very Attractive!!
Maybelline featuring neon lip balms with the name “Electro Pop” although it is shade to be neon but they are very sheer and subtle but buildable however not at all neon opaque intensity, after all it is a lip balm. I picked “Berry Bomb” which is a deep dark wine purple shade, I am more into dark lips right now. Yeah I know… I have winter fever going on! Hell no, it’s not as dark as you see the bullet is. The coverage is sheer and subtle; the saturation of colour does not show up on lips. Refer- Lip swatch!
The formula and the texture of the product is similar to the original version but little thinner. I love Maybelline baby lips –lip balms, trust me it is one of the most trusted drugstore pocket friendly lip balm ever. I love using this on my lips because of its instant hydration and moisturization factor. Many lip balms just stay on lips like a layer, gives waxy feeling and does nothing but with this I can also apply during night time and get a soft and plumpy lips in morning- like a baby-OH Yeah! You are my baby lips 😀 It last for 3 hours with munching but re application is a MUST! (8 hours claim is wrong BDW) The best thing about Berry Bomb is- it smells like a platter of ripped juicy mixed berries straight from the valley… ^_^ the scent lingers on as long as the lip balm last on me. Even though it wears off the moisturization property still continues.
The only Duh– about this is – It has no SPF factor like the original version.
What I like about Maybelline baby lips electro pop lip balm- “Berry Bomb”:
- Pocket friendly, minimum price tag.
- Attractive packaging, very handy. Travel friendly.
- The shade Berry Bomb is very intimidating if you see the bullet but in real it is very soft and pretty looking berry shade that gives very natural looking lips.
- Deliver a nice sheer wash of colour with glossy finish.
- Gives instant hydration and moisturization at the same time.
- I love Tinted Lip balms- during travel.
- The moisturizing effect last even after 4 hours of wear time.
- Sheer to buildable but not opaque or semi-opaque.
- Smooth and thin consistency. Glides on lips easily.
- It has a sweet berry scent, which is my fav.
- Enriched with shea butter and vitamin E nourishes lips.
- It does stain my lips which looks very natural but sweet.
What I don’t like about Maybelline baby lips electro pop lip balm- “Berry Bomb”:
- Wish they include SPF factor like the original one.
- Lasting power of course- but then for 165INR you can complain right!?? 😀
Rating: 4/5 (I love you- you give me baby lips :-* Muuaaahhh)
Must try for me…! I do recommend everyone to try this range. They are out in market and easily available at Maybelline stores. For that amount I don’t think I would ask more or have regrets. #thumbsup.